Oct 4, 2017

Fall Week Guest Designer Spot for Pink Paislee



Guest Designer for Pink Paislee  - FALL WEEK -





Hello there!

I love Fall!!, and i got the chance to show how much i truly love the season in this week's Guest Designer Spot at Pink Paislee Blog for their Fall Week theme.   I know!! I am still pinching myself about being in their blog !!!  I gotta thank Paige Evans for asking to join in this week, and for the gorgeous Turn the Page collection, which I got to work with.   Let me show you a quick review of what i created for the spot:


HERE'S TO NEW ADVENTURES






This  page uses one of my favorite cut files, "Leaf It To Me" from the Cut Shoppe.   A bit of handstitching adds dimension and texture to  the most iconic sign of Autumn,  'Falling Leaves'.




The colors of the papers, combined with all the fun embellishments is perfect to highlight a picture of the first signs of fall showing around my place.


HELLO AUTUMN







All the floral motifs in the Turn the Page collection are just too beautiful to pass up.  So what better way to use all those fussy cut flowers, than by creating a bouquet that frames a large title in the page (the title cut file is a free file from Scrapbook Nerd, the leaves are from the Silhouette store).





A bit of gold acrylic paint is all that was needed to add that fall feeling to the page.  All the detail in the leaves is best shown with a layer of vellum behind it, which in turn brings all the flowers to focus.




CARD:





Fall is a time for change;  this card uses the large chipboard icons, and a modified version of one of Paige Evans' cut files to create the background of the card.   Having the frame/window card allows for the illusion of a cascade of falling leaves on the card.





HARVEST FUN






Once again, the combination of cut files with the colorful papers in the collection complete the feeling in the picture of my kids jumping around the apple orchard after eating too many apples (while harvesting them!).




The "Flock of Feathers" cut file from the Cut Shoppe was modified to create the illusion of feathers floating along the page (just like my  kids are suspended in the air in this picture).   A bit of shimmery watercolor adds the magical feel of Fall.



TRAVELER'S NOTEBOOK





For years now, a Traveler's Notebook has  been my to-go memory keeping choice.   It combines my love of pretty paper and journal at once. So when asked to create a mini book, or altered project,  the choice was to look at the past 3 years of TNs to pick the most documented stories and condensed them into this homemade TN ( the entire notebook from cover to insert was created at home with the Turn the Page colleection!).  Here is walk through the notebook:






I am so grateful to Paige Evans for asking me to share some of my love of Scrapbooking and Memory keeping in the Pink Paislee blog, and I hope you visit the blog to see more details of the projects.    Dreams do come true!



Happy Fall!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment